Grant Opportunities! “Vote for Our Future” Campaign Sub-Grant
“Vote for Our Future” Campaign: Organization Grant
Asian American Legal Advocacy Center Inc. (AALAC) is running a ”Vote for Our Future” voter registration campaign targeting Asian American and Pacific Islander communities primarily in Gwinnett County. AALAC is the first non-profit law center dedicated to promoting the civil, social and economic rights of Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders, and Asian-ethnic refugees (“AAPIs”) in Georgia and te Southeast. Our vision is a social movement where individuals are fully empowered, active in civic life, and working together to promote equity and fair treatment for all.
There are approximately 330,000 AAPIs in Georgia and 28% of them live in Gwinnett County. Georgia has one of the fastest growing Asian American populations of any state in the country. However, AAPIs also have the lowest percentage voter turn-out of any group locally and nationally. Our goal is to increase the number of Georgia AAPI voters in the upcoming November Presidential election with a focus on Gwinnett. We believe with the assistance of community and campus organizations, we will educate and empower individuals to vote.
AALAC is inviting interested school groups and other organizations to apply for a limited number of voter engagement sub-grants.
* Recruit five volunteers to assist with various voter registration efforts outlined below.
* Participate in a voter registration training provided by AALAC.
* Participate in two AALAC non-partisan voter registration drives.
* Run one non-partisan voter registration and turnout campaign on your own, co-sponsored with AALAC in the AAPI community or on a college campus.
* Participate in a Gwinnett County Candidate Forum organized by AALAC.
* Participate in at least one phone banking drive organized by AALAC.
* Promote our Vote for Our Future campaign through social media, and distribute voter education materials at drives, at school and other key community centers.
* Use best efforts to achieve goal of registering 100 AAPIs.
Grants range between $500 and $800. Grant period starts September 3rd and ends November 7th, with final report due by Friday November 16th. Half of the award will be provided at the start of the grant and execution of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), with a third of the award provided the week of October 8th, and the final third provided at the end of the grant period and submission of the final report. Written reporting requirements will be provided with the MOU.
* Organizations cannot be partisan or affiliated with any political party.
* Organizations can apply even if they do not have 501c3 status.
* Organizations should focus on serving or representing the AAPI population or a particular segment of the AAPI community.
* Organizations must demonstrate reach into a specific community, and have some governing body (officers, board of directors etc.).
* Member-based organizations are preferred.
To apply, please complete the Vote For Our Future Grant Application and submit by or before Thursday, August 30th to Cindy Howe, AALAC Director of Civic Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.