“Vote for Our Future” Campaign: Volunteer Opportunity
Job Title: “Vote for Our Future” Campaign Volunteer
Purpose: The position of campaign volunteer will assist AALAC’s goal to register Asian Americans and Pacific Islander (AAPIs) voters, principally in Gwinnett County by October 8, 2012. Also, we seek to increase AAPI voter activity for the November 6, 2012 Presidential Election.
Location: The campaign volunteer will work at our main office at 3300 Buckeye Road, Atlanta, GA but primarily in the community on specified days.
- Assist with AALAC voter registration drives.
- Organize a voter registration drive within a community.
- Distribute voter education materials at drives and at key community centers.
- Assist with candidate forum.
- Participate in phone banking closer to the November election.
- Prepares correspondence as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Campaign Director of Civic Engagement and Voter Registration.
Length of Appointment: The Campaign Volunteer is assigned to two days per week for a period of three months. Primarily weekends.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours a month for a minimum starting September 1st-November 6th. Must be able to commit to the entire two months.
- Candidates must demonstrate an ability to work well in a team setting with non-English speaking community members from diverse background.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Bilingual in Korean, Vietnamese or Chinese a plus.
- Ability to maintain multiple priorities and projects with different timelines.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and problem solve in a rapidly changing environment.
Support: Training for this position will be provided. In addition, the Campaign Director will be available for questions and assistance.
If interested: Please contact Cindy Howe, Campaign Director for Civic Engagement and Voter Registration at email@example.com .