Intern / Volunteer
AALAC needs your service! You can get involved in two ways!
Principally, we are looking for college students, law students, recent graduates and young lawyers with a passion for social justice and an ability to provide regular hours of service or to complete a specific research task. Ideal candidates should have excellent research and writing skills and proficiency in an Asian language.
Please be prepared to serve a minimum of 15 hours of regular office times per week for a period of a minimum of 8 weeks. Class credit is preferred.
Event and Special Task Volunteers
If you would like to volunteer but cannot commit a specified time, we still could use your help! We are looking for volunteers for help with the following:
- Translation of basic pieces of legal education in Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean, Laotian, Tagalog or any other Asian language;
- Volunteer service time for specific community outreach events or projects (usually on weekends);
- Secretarial / administrative help;
- IT / technical / computer assistance;
- Communications and public relations, including social media;
- Event planning;
- Accounting and book-keeping; and
- Other office related work.
If you are interested in helping us, please email Alice Kim at email@example.com.